How to Use These Resources
This guide includes resources for individuals within schools, colleges and units to raise awareness of the university’s core values. These resources serve as a springboard for conversations about how these values can be demonstrated at the local level. Choose three to five of these resources to use, review or discuss within your area.
Videos and Guided Team Discussions
Watch one or more of the videos about the university’s core values.
- President Ono’s announcement of the adoption of the university’s core values (January 2023)
- Overview of the university’s core values
- President Ono addressing the Culture Journey Mini-Summit on the topic of creating a values-driven organization (September 2023)
Engage your team in a conversation about any of these videos using the Conversation Club format.
Example discussion questions:
- What did you think of the video?
- How can it apply to our daily work?
- What are we currently doing that is aligned with U-M’s core values?
- What is one thing we can do in our team to help promote this topic?
- Who else might benefit from this information?
- What are other topics we should consider discussing in the future?
Culture Change Courses
Culture Journey Podcast
Listen to the podcast trailer for the upcoming Culture Journey: Engaging Our Community series. Stay tuned for episodes launching in January!
Zoom Backgrounds and Other Digital Resources
Stay connected to the Culture Journey by joining our MCommunity email group.